Friday 14 June 2013

MME follow your heart part one

  It's Friday again so it's my turn to share a project with you.  I decided this week to set myself the task of trying to make two little mini albums from one pad of 6x6 patterned paper.  I chose the My Mind's Eye - "Follow Your Heart: Be Happy" paper pad.  This contains 24 sheets of double-sided paper.  I love these papers - they are so pretty!


  For my first project I decided to make a little mini book - and it is mini - it measures 4x3 inches! To decorate the front cover I used a mini doily - I am obsessed with these - you'll see that in a minute lol.  To add dimension to the cover I cut the bird and flower image from one of the papers and layered them up using foam tape - it's difficult to see the layering from the picture.  I added glossy accents and popped some bling in the centre of the flowers.  The "Follow Your Heart" banner was cut from the packaging from an embellishment pack, which was also from the collection.


And here's the back cover:



  For the closure I used some seam binding - to give it a distressed look I simply wet it and then put it in the microwave to dry it out.


  All I did to decorate the inside pages was to use some of those mini doilies again (told you I was obsessed), and I enhanced some of the images using glossy accents.




As always I used my pumice stone ink pad to edge around the papers.





2 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

oooo I must get these papers now!

Clare said...

Simply Stunning Melissa, you are a wonderful new addition to the CCC DT! Proud to have you here. XX