Thursday 5 September 2013

Something a bit different

Good morning you lovely crafters. Well it's Thursday so that means it's my turn to get the grey matter working and the mojo flowing.
 
I don't know about you but sometimes I can be scared to try new things, whether it's new food, a new activity or a new crafting technique. A great way around the crafting techniques one is to have a go at an Art Journal. A small personal book of art work where you can try new colour schemes, new ideas and techniques, share them if you like or keep them to yourself.
There are loads of fantastic examples of Art Journals online, there is no right or wrong way of making one, do I use a ready made journal or make one myself. Do I stick to one theme throughout or something different on every page. The list is endless and as I said there is no right or wrong way about making one, it's your journal, your choice!
 
I've had an Art Journal on the go for about a year now. I don't often do pages in it but I do enjoy it when I do as I'm creating something just for me, where nobody else's opinion matters.
I have decided though to share a couple of my pages that I've recently made with products from Clare Curd Crafts
 
 
My journal is one I made myself and all the pages have been coated with a good layer of Gesso, an excellent primer. I the let loose the Dylusion sprays, see I told you I LOVE these sprays, such a great selection of colours and they are so vibrant!!
Once happy with my background I started on the rest of the layers, bits of sprayed paper stuck down, stamped masking tape, you could use washi tape, Clare carries a great selection, rub ons, stamps, make sure you use a permanent ink pad if you intend on putting more sprays over your stamped images. Finally I added some little details in a black and white pen.
 
As I said there's no right or wrong way about doing an art journal, most importantly is you enjoy the process.
 
 


 
The quotes I used are from an old set of stamps by IndigoBlu, Clare has a fantastic collection of their newer stamps in the shop

 
I love that although I've used the same sprays on both the pages but in differing amounts, how it changes the whole look of the final piece.
 
This page I mixed some of the Dylusion sprays with some gesso to change it from white to blue.
 
 
 
 
Items I used from Clare Curd Crafts
 
 
Dylusion sprays - Dirty martini,  Funky Fushia,  Lemon Zest & London blue
 
 



No comments: