Thursday 26 September 2013

Three little birds

It seems I can only make a couple of clean projects before I'm hankering after something a little bit more messy and so I gave into the urge and for my DT project this week I went for it with this canvas
 
 
 
The canvas was covered with a layer of tissue paper and a good coat of gesso

I then added my base colour and dried it.

 
Then the fun of adding interest and more texture and colour starts. Sequin waste is a great item to use as a stencil.



 Carry on adding layers of paint, Dylusions sprays, stamped images, which included the star stamp from the Crafty Impressions Explore set of stamps, stencilling and rub ons. Just remember to dry each new layer before adding the next as this will keep your colours clean and not end up with a muddy mess.
 
 
 


Then my birds were cut from some lovely but very old papers.

 
 
the final touches were outlining and adding fine detail with a fine tip black pen and an Inkssentials white pen

See you next week




No comments: