Wednesday 13 November 2013

Silent Night

Welcome to Clare Curds Craft blog!


I really love Christmas crafting, so was really excited when I received my design team goodies from the wonderful Clare Curd Crafts. And I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the Winter Silhouettes stamp set.


I am always inspired by anything the incredibly talent Barbara Grey does, so here is my little homage to her using this stamp set, Broken China Distress Ink and Memento Tuxedo black ink.

Firstly I masked off the edged of the card and placed a ripped piece of paper along the bottom third so I could form some hills.

Taking the Distress Ink I applied from the outer edge inwards

Once the paper is removed, you have the appearance of snow covered hills.

To add dimension, I rotated the ripped paper and added  some snow drifts by sponging very gently downward across the edge of the paper.

I lined up the paper again with the hills I had just formed and then stamped over the edged of it with the village scene using black ink. I repeated again to add house
 

Removing the outer masking tape left a clean boarder framing the image

I took one of the sentiments from the stamp set, which I stamped over the edge of the image in the bottom right hand corner,

 Taking a black fine line pen I added a slightly waving line around all the edged of the image.

And hey-presto the finished image :)

Thanks for popping by, and I will see you again next Wednesday with another Clare Curd Crafts project...see you then.



5 comments:

Isobel said...

Fabulous card Debbi and a great take on Barbara's style, I think she's great! Very well explained also and easy to follow , x

Annabee said...

Its really beautiful and a very effective style. Thanks for sharing

Sandra Carey said...

Very Nice Card love it Hugs Sandra xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Beautiful card, love the blue and white colour combo. The black edging is a great touch, Judith xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is stunning, i love the techniques you've used, it looks very profesional xxx