Wednesday 4 December 2013

Christmas Bauble

Hi crafty friends,


 This is the first time I have made one of these and I really thought it would suit my Clare Curd Crafts design team goodies.

It may not look it, but these baubles are quite simply to make, a little time consuming but easy. And you can make them as modern or as traditional as you like, depending on the paper you use.

1. 
To make life easier, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out 20 large circles with a perforated triangle in the centre, (10 each of two paper designs) and 20 smaller (10 each of two paper designs). I have since found out that if you don't want any of the same patterned papers to be next to each other you have to use at least three colours and with 6, 6, and 8 circles of each color (wish I had found that out earlier to show you all, but you'll get the idea).


2.
Take the two sets of larger circles and fold them all into triangles

3.
Glue five of the triangles together and then glue the remaining two flaps together to form the top of the bauble


4.
Cut a length of to 6mm Red satin ribbon, fold it in half then tie a knot to form a loop.

5.
Thread the loop through the centre of the bauble top you have just made. I used the point of my scissors to poke it through


6.
Repeat the process again (without the ribbon), to form the base on the bauble).

7.
With the remaining ten glue as shown

8.
Then glue the top and bottom to the middle row of the bauble to the as shown

9. 
Now glue the top flaps of the middle row to the flaps on the 'top'

10.
Now do the same with the bottom

11.
You now have your bauble base

12.
Now take all the smaller circles and fold into triangles (I added five red red circles, which are not shown in this photo)

13. Glue these to the centre of the triangle of the bauble



14.
Using 10mm red satin ribbon, I tied a large bow around the loop

I really enjoyed making this and really want to experiment more with this kind of thing, so maybe 'Watch this space' :)

See you next Wednesday

No comments: