Friday 27 December 2013

Looking forward

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Mine was peaceful, spent in the company of my husband and our two Sons. Our daughter and her partner couldn't join us as she was unfortunately working, so I made them both a 'takeaway' Christmas dinner, which her boyfriend called round and picked up so she had a good meal waiting for her when she got home at 8pm.
 
I was thinking of the coming year and came across a lovely quote online, which I wanted to use on an art journal page
 
“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.”
T.S. Elliot



I started off adding a coat of gesso to my page, and then using a collection of paints, inks and Dylusion sprays added colour

 
The colour was added in layers.

 
interest and texture added by using stencils and sequin waste.


some splatters are added with Dylusions

 
just keep adding layers until you are happy with what you see.

 
I stencilled through a face stencil using texture paste, and when dry I re-stencilled using a black permanent pen.
 
 
I added some pieces of masking tape and some Mega Flakes to give more texture.

more stamps are applied and some details using a black pen.

some white paint drips to lighten the page.

 

 
the words of the quote are torn to size and then added to the page, you could if you wanted hand write on your page.

 
 list of items I used from Clare Cure Crafts
 


No comments: